“My name is Shika. I graduated in September 2020. I work part time as a health coach and I am currently laid off from working in the Human Resources department of the Hospitality Industry.
I was struggling with weight loss and wanted to get certified so I could help others who have the same problem. This program stood out because of the specialty in weight loss. I have already been through an Integrative Nutrition and Functional Medicine program but I was unable to keep the weight off using the knowledge I acquired from these programs because there was no specialty in weigh loss.
I chose Fit Chicks because after attending the Webinar, I found the missing link from whatever I had learnt about weight loss in the past
My favorite part of the program was the modules about hormones and weight loss, blood sugar management and weight management, food allergies and intolerances. These modules were what was missing from all what I had learnt about nutrition and weight loss in the past. Armed with the knowledge I acquired from studying these modules, losing weight became so easy.
Before joining the program, I was struggling with symptoms of hypothyroidism, one of which was the inability to lose weight no matter how hard I tried. Hence I decided to join the program in order to lose weight and to use the same knowledge to help clients who are struggling with the same issues.
During the program, I lost 30 pounds and got closer to my goal weight. I’m able to exercise daily now due to less joint pain.
If you are thinking about getting certified, give it a try. You will not regret it! I never thought losing weight could be so easy until I started this program.”
Power Greens Weight Loss Blaster Green Smoothie
I would like to present my Power Greens weight loss blaster smoothie. I had to create this smoothie to enable me to start eating breakfast. For years I never ate breakfast because I was not hungry in the mornings. I later discovered a protein shake which I started having for breakfast and really enjoyed it. However, it did not make me full and there was the tendency to snack multiple times afterwards.
I therefore decided to make the shake more nutritious by adding nutrient dense foods to make it a complete meal. I wanted something satiating but low enough in calories to help me lose weight, hence the power greens weight loss blaster smoothie was created. It is super-fast to prepare, does not require any prior preparation and suitable for busy moms or working girls with very little or no time for food preparation. As a meal replacement, in conjunction with a low calorie diet, it will help one lose weight and keep it off.
This fabulous smoothie is made with only 5 ingredients, some of which you most probably have in your refrigerator already.
- Unsweetened almond milk: low glycemic beverage that will not impact blood sugar
- Organic strawberries or any other berries: Low calories, low glycemic, antioxidant-rich, full of polyphenols, powerful natural chemicals that can help with weight loss
- Organic power greens: A mix of baby spinach, baby kale, and red and white baby Swiss chard. This mix of vegetables has less calories than most mixed vegetables yet is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and mineral that can help prevent disease and support a healthy weight loss.
- Plant protein powder: Protein provides the building blocks for muscles and tissues in the body. Plant protein is lower in calories and fat than animal protein and is therefore ideal for a low calorie diet that promotes weight loss.
- Nut butter: Nut butters i.e. almond, hazelnut, walnut, cashew etc. contain natural healthy fats that are good for a healthy heart, and keep cholesterol levels under control. However they are high in calories and should be used in moderation
- Organic chia seeds: These contain soluble fibre and mucilage. Help to slow down digestion and prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Organic spirulina powder: A very powerful antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory properties, rich in vitamins, minerals and protein making it excellent for vegetarians and vegans. Due to its high nutrient contents and low calories, it is ideal for weight loss without losing nutrition.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz frozen organic strawberries
- 2 cups organic power greens
- ½ scoop Vega or any plan protein powder
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp organic spirulina powder
You will need a Ninja Professional 1000 watts blender, Nutribullet Professional or any powerful blender like Vitamix or Blendtec, a food scale, measuring cup and measuring spoon, a glass or Mason jar.
- Get all ingredients and tools ready
- Measure 1 cup of milk and pour into the blender jar
- Add strawberries, power greens, protein powder, nut butter, chia seeds and spirulina powder.
- Turn on the motor and blend until a very smooth consistency is achieved, free of seeds
- Pour into a glass or Mason jar and enjoy
Green smoothies can be used to effectively lose weight as they are:
- Packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants that fight disease, aging, and damage from free radicals.
- Contain a complete balance of protein, fibre and fat to help balance blood sugar
- Help reduce sugar cravings and curb appetite
Alternatively beet greens, collard greens, Boston or Romaine lettuce can be used but the greens should be rotated every 3 to 7 days to make sure one is getting the most variety of vitamins and minerals. Also, unsweetened coconut or other nut milks can be used as a base, instead of almond milk as well as cold herbal teas.
Thank you so much for sharing, Shika!
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Coach? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!