At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing students and grads in the Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert Program (HWLE) learn about food and weight loss, and put it all together to create delicious weight loss smoothies for their clients.
Today we are thrilled to share this recipe for you from soon to be Certified Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert, Claudia Rulli. (Who is also a grad of our Fitness & Nutrition Expert program btw!)
Claudia created this recipe for one of the assignments in the HWLE, and excited to introduce Claudia and share what she thought of the Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert Program, plus share her delicious recipe with you!
Turbo Charge Smoothie
I love having a good jolt of energy in the morning and I find that this smoothie is turbo charged with amazing nutrients. This smoothie is perfect to add to your nutritional strategy if you need a healthy jolt of fiber, protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and caffeine. This is a great meal replacement because it has all the makings of 3 in 1 goodness with protein, fiber and spices included to help balance your blood sugar level. The bonus is it will keep you full and wide awake for hours. Start your morning right with this turbo goodness and you’ll find that this smoothie will be your ally in weight loss
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of water – You may have to add more but this depends on the consistency that you like
- 3 chunks of frozen spinach
- ½ cup of arugula
- ½ tbsp of hemp hearts
- ½ tbsp of chia seeds
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, maca, turmeric golden mylk, matcha
- Fill the container with 2 cups of water.
- Add the frozen spinach and arugula.
- Add the protein powder, cinnamon, maca, turmeric golden mylk, matcha, hemp hearts and chia seeds.
- Lastly, add blueberries. Blend the ingredients. You may find that it may be too thick for your liking. Add ½ cup of water at time and test the consistency. Enjoy!
Smoothie Tips & Alternatives:
- Want more kick to your smoothie, swap water for unsweetened coconut, almond or cashew milk
- Not a fan of arugula swap for collards or kale. Make sure that you are rotating your greens so that you avoid building an intolerance. Switch every 2-3 days.
- Don’t find blueberries sweet enough, you can swap for a half ripe banana or mangos.
TOTAL SERVINGS: 1
Thank you so much for sharing, Claudia!
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!