I love self discovery tests.
You know all those one like “Are you an extrovert or introvert?” or “Which of the 5 Love Languages are you”? or “What career would suit me best?”
I love them because I am on a constant quest to uncover who I am, what direction should I be heading in and how should I approach it.
One of the biggest things we see in FIT CHICKS Academy are women who have been considering expanding their career or starting a new one altogether but start to question whether they are the fit. I always say that if you find yourself drawn to the holistic health or nutrition coaching profession, chances are you possess certain characteristics that inspire you to want to help other live their most fit lives.
Here are 5 signs that you were meant to be a great holistic health coach:
1. You love learning about Nutrition and Health. Whether it is an article, podcast, healthy recipe, new approach to eating, youtube video or documentary, learning about nutrition and health never feels like “work” but rather excites you and fires you up! It is one of your fave topics to learn about.
2. You believe that there is “no one size fits all” approach to health. When people say “The only way for healthy weight loss is a keto diet” or “Being a vegan is the key to health” you understand that may be what works for SOME people. But not all. Every person has different needs when it comes to health, fat loss and more based on their age, gender, background, height, activity level, lifestyle, hormonal health, gut health, history of dieting, emotional health, mindset and more. What works for one person, will not work for all and you love the idea of figuring out the individualized approach.
3. You value a Holistic Approach. We can’t just exercise and eat like crap. And we can’t eat nutritionally dense food and think poisonous thoughts packed with stress. And none of this works if we can’t create habit and behaviour change through mindset. Your body won’t be in balance. You see the need now more than ever for changes in the way we eat, move and think and how focusing on on our health is key to ensuring we live our best lives – inside and out.
4. You love the idea of inspiring others to get healthy. Even if you have never coached a day yet in your life (and don’t worry, that is a TOTALLY learned skill!), the idea of helping and empowering someone transform their health, their body and their lives makes you light up. One on one or group coaching, teaching workshops or retreats, writing recipes…it may be feel like a dream right now but when you think about it, you know it is something that makes you feel alive.
5. You care being certified and accredited to be able to put what you learn into practice. It is important to you to get certified with a program that gives not only the Why (aka the Theory) but the How (aka Skills and Tools). Many programs just give your the knowledge but not how to actually create plans, coach clients and have continuing education so you are always supported and growing in your craft. You understand the value of being apart of the right community – personally and professionally – and how that will affect your personal and professional growth.
If you answered YES to the above, then it is time to let go of the fears and doubts that are standing in your way. The time is now and we can help you on your journey to getting certified as a Holistic Nutrition & Health Coach.