So you are feeling sore during the workout, a little tight after but all is good….then BAM two days later stairs are your mortal enemy! If this sounds all too familiar you might be dealing with a bad case of DOMS. In this episode we breakdown the causes of these aches and pains and then explore natural remedies to help ease you back into sitting and standing with no grunts.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- The reason why the stairs or just the simple act of sitting might become your worst nightmare
- Breaking down DOMS and why it happens and how to prevent it
- Understanding the importance of a good stretch session to keep your body limber and loose
- The difference between a muscle ache and a muscle strain and when you need to see a doctor
- Natural foods that you can use today to help you ease sore muscles
- Probiotics and why they work
- How to naturally add more foods to your life that will help with soreness
- Why a workout isn’t complete without this one thing
3 Main Takeaways:
- Nothing will beat a good dynamic stretch at the start of a workout and a static stretch at the end. Please if you are going to skip anything to save on time, dont make it your stretch sessions!
- Knowing the difference between strained muscles and sore muscles is key to ensuring that you are taking proper care of your body. Pay close attention to what your body is saying and if it is 3 days or more consult a doctor as it might be a muscle strain that you should not work through but instead rest and recover.
- Having natural healing ways to add to your toolbox will only enhance your abilities and help you not only recover faster but feel more confident to push your limitations in each workout.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts September 2018.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts April 24, 2018!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Podcasts so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program