If you LOVE desserts but don’t know how to make them healthy, this is a must read for you!
Today we are super PUMPED to feature a recipe from one of the fab graduates from the Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program – the fierce Yvonne!
Since graduating from the Fitness & Nutrition Expert program , Yvonne’s world has changed leaps and bounds!
She is now owner / operator of her own business, Ybe.Nourish. Train, creates her own schedule and still gets to be an amazing, healthy mama to her 3 girls and most importantly, she LOVES her work helping inspire others.
We asked her to share a little about how her life has changed in the last little bit before we get into her yummy recipe:
“My fav part of Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program was gaining the foundation and confidence to take the leap forward with my passion of fitness and nutrition on a schedule that worked with my family (classes were in online in the evening so totally worked with my schedule!)
Now, I am not only running my own business (Ybe.Nourish.Train in Southern Ontario) but also get to make a schedule that works with my kids schedules so I am the person who gets them off to school in the morning as well as picks them up at the end of the day.
I have three daughters ages 9, 7 and 4.5, healthy living helps me become a better mom. By being a role model of fueling and training my body in a healthy way, I also get to teach them to make healthy lifelong choices along the way 🙂
I have continued my education after FIT CHICKS Academy and obtained my Precision Nutrition Level 1 to further my nutrition and coaching knowledge. Taking time each day to research further, learn something new so I can apply this knowledge to be a better version of myself for my clients, friends & family. My style of training has continued to grow and I am very focused on building an environment of feeling non judgement, belonging & community. Taking this approach to continue building my clients up from day one to progress with confidence, proper technique in a safe environment, regardless of it being a PT session, or Bootcamp Ladies night, or the ever popular Co-Ed Bootcamp night! My most fulfilling moments come when you have a client progress in any area where you see that pride and confidence in what they have achieved by utilizing the tools we have worked on together. I am very grateful for my FIT CHICKS Academy experience giving me the whole package to not only surpass my goals from day one but to spread that knowledge to help others surpass their goals. Thank you!”
Thanks Yvonne, now we can’t wait to try this recipe….
I heart DESSERTS!! Anyone who knows me knows I am racing you to the dessert bar and I am going to win! When we were given the nutrition assignment to create a Complete in 3 Approved recipe for our blog & clients, I knew it had to be dessert related.
I also like to create healthy alternatives to any dish I create for my family as I believe we are what we eat.
I put my inner dessert goddess to work keeping in mind the FIT CHICKS “Complete in 3” rule (must include a protein, fibre & healthy fat), and created this savory Pumped-Up Pumpkin Mousse. I came up with the idea from the Fixate recipe book. They have these amazing pumpkin balls that taste so yummy but wanted to transform them into a dessert. With my tweaking it came under 5g of sugar per a serving and includes 9g of Fiber!
It is high in fat but the “Good Fats”, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated, which are both known for improving blood cholesterol levels, as well as controlling insulin levels and blood sugar levels.
This recipe also has a substantial amount of protein and carbohydrates to refuel post workout. Who wouldn’t want dessert after a workout?!
CHICK FEED: Pumped Up Pumpkin Mousse
Servings 6 | Time 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup (48g) – Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup (128g) – Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup (49g) – Pea Protein
- ¼ cup (16g) – Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup (28g) – Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- ¼ cup (71g) – Smooth Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ cup (46g) – Pecan Pieces
- 1 tbsp – Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp – Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp – Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup – Water
- Place pecan pieces in food processor – pulse until finely ground
- Add remaining ingredients to processor except for water and blend.
- Add water slowly until you reach your desired consistency
- Place 1/3 cup in serving dish, garnish with a pinch of pumpkin spice, shredded coconut, and pecan pieces and serve. Refrigerate the remaining.
- Can’t have nuts? Substitute sunflower seed butter for peanut butter and sunflowers for pecans
- Don’t like pumpkin? Substitute over-ripe banana or unsweetened apple sauce and cinnamon for the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice
- Do not like pea protein? Substitute for your favorite vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
- Great post workout dessert to refuel your body!
Nutrition info: Cal 252 per serving
Protein 16.7g Carbs 15.2g Fats 16.9g Fiber 9.2g Sugar 4.7g
FIT CHICKS xo
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!