At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing the creativity and hard work of our Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) students and grads. Today we are pumped to share this recipe with you from Fitness & Nutrition Expert Darla Rathwell! Darla created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program. We are excited to introduce Darla and her creation!
My name is Darla Rathwell from Hay Lakes, AB. Prior to taking FNE Program I was selling/promoting weight loss & health supplements for a MLM. I realized there were so many of us trying to teach other people about how to lose weight in a very unhealthy way. We were not experts! After feeling inadequate I decided I wanted to educate myself, so I could help others live a happier & healthier lifestyle.
FNE was without a doubt the best choice for a Fitness & Nutrition certification program that I could have made! The curriculum is jam packed full of valuable high level knowledge, their team is knowledgeable and extremely supportive!
When I started I was very unhealthy & overweight. From what I learned I have been able to transform my own health at 53 years young! I have lost 50+ lbs, I’m no longer pre-diabetic and exercise 4-5 days per week and actually like it! After graduating, I now starting my own online weight loss coaching business to help other women over 50 lose weight by eliminating sugars & processed foods from their diets and become more active. I loved their Fitness & Nutrition program so much that I’m now enrolled in their Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss program. I’m so thankful for their program.
Sweet Potato Chick Pizza
If you love pizza and sweet potatoes like I do, you’ll absolutely love this pizza! Finally, I can eat pizza without gorging out on carbs. I’ve created this nutritious masterpiece with only 16 grams per serving of carbs vs 41 grams contained in a well-known store-bought freezer pizza. Not to mention, the added bonus of 4 grams of fiber per serving and 23 grams lean protein.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 75 Minutes
TOTAL SERVINGS: 8 Serving2
TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING: 290 calories per serving
MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN PER SERVING (INCL FIBRE GRAMS!):
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- 450 g, Ground Chicken
- 75 g, Raw Red Pepper
- 75 grams, Onion
- 50 grams, pieces or slices, Mushrooms, white, raw
- 25 grams, Baby Spinach
- 5 tbsp, Kirkland Olive Oil – Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup, Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- 1 cup (64.9 g), Tomato Sauce
- 4 tsp, Honey
- 2 tsp, Lemon Juice
- 5 g, Minced Garlic
Seasoning – ¼ tsp oregano, ½ tsp Mrs. Dash, Garlic powder, Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp, Corn starch
- 1 cup(s), 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 5 tbsp, Kirkland Olive Oil – Pure Olive Oil
- 200 grams, Sweet Potato, Baked in Skin
- 2.5 cup(s), Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 large, Egg
- Pre-fry ground chicken for 15 min
- While chickens cooking wash and slice peppers and onions.
- In a frying pan add olive oil and sauté the peppers and onions
Sweet & Spicy Pizza Sauce
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat.
- Allow the sauce to come to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Bake 2 medium sweet potatoes with the skin on in the microwave 10 min or until easily pierced to the center with a fork. Once baked remove the skin mash in a bowl. Then remove 200 grams and let cool.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, corn starch, cheese, next add the 200g of cooled sweet potato, eggs and oil. Stir or combine with your hands, until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Remove the dough from bowl and form a ball and place onto either a pizza stone or a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to flatten out the dough to about ½ inch thick and 12 inches in diameter. Pinching all the way around the perimeter to form a bit of an edge to help hold in all of your sauce and toppings.
- Place crust into pre-heated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 min or until outer edge starts to turn light brown, then remove from the oven.
- Add sauce and ¾ of the mozzarella cheese over entire crust. Then add the ground chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, finishing with spinach leaves, sliced mushrooms and remaining mozzarella.
- Place back in the over for 15 minutes and voila, you’ve created a masterpiece.
TIPS TO ALTER IN LIEU OF A DIETARY RESTRICTION
- Vegan ingredient substitution suggestions: To make this recipe vegan friendly in your crust replace eggs and parmesan cheese with 1/2 cup (120g) of pureed tofu. Replace ground chicken with tofurky a plant-based protein. Switch out regular mozzarella with a vegan plant-based mozzarella brands like Daiya, So Delicious or another product available in your area.
- Reduced fat: To reduce fats further feta cheese could be substitute the mozzarella cheese.
TIPS TO SUB AN INGREDIENT TO ALTER THE RECIPE
- Want the surf rather than turf version of this recipe replace the ground chicken with shrimp.
To cut down on prep time on pizza night, mix pizza dough on the weekend and store it in a ball in the fridge to be used one day during the upcoming week.
Thank you so much for sharing Darla!
PS. Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? You can get started TODAY so download our program brochure here and learn how you to create your dream life, health & career!