CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
Hormones and their affect on your weight are a hot topic right now but most of us don’t know the why. In this episode, we have the incredible Naturopathic Doctor, Certified Menopause Practitioner, and creator of “The Balance Program” join us to break it all down! From how our hormones work(or don’t work) in symphony, why weight gain occurs due to hormonal imbalance, the importance of thyroid and adrenal health for weight management and how to keep your hormones happy (and so much more!), this is an episode every woman does not want to miss!
In this episode, we cover:
- Dr. Cheryl’s journey from being a Dietician to a Naturopath focusing on women’s health
- What are hormones and why is hormonal health so important for weight loss / management especially for women
- What hormones are involved with weight loss or gain
- The 2 Master Glands you must explore
- Hormonal imbalance – what are the main contributors you may not know about
- The changes during Menopause and how to manage that shift
- Top 3 ways you can keep your hormones happy for weight loss
- Dr Cheryl’s Top 3 go to foods and herbs that help with hormonal balance that anyone can incorporate
3 Key Points:
- Your hormones are like a symphony. Everyone must play together to make beautiful music…we can’t have a rogue violin or tuba or it throws it all off balance! Same goes for hormones.
- When it comes to weight loss or gain, the thyroid and the adrenals should be explored.
- Reducing inflammation in the body through nutrition, getting more sleep and managing stress are key to happy hormones
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Podcasts so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program