At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing students and grads in the Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) in action, creating their own fierce workouts and healthy recipes.
Today we are thrilled to share this recipe for you from soon to be Certified Fitness & Nutrition Expert Karina Salas
Karina created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program, and excited to introduce Karina and her delicious recipe with you. Take it away!
“We are what we eat. Yep, I know we hear this every day, but it is the purest truth. Fitness is not only a fashion thing, but it is also a lifestyle that promotes healthy nutrition which 90% that you eat comes from natural foods – no processed ones – made by you with love; while the rest 10% are those guilty pleasures we should eat with control in order to get an equilibrium in our lives.
Fitness is an inseparable marriage between the exercises and nutrition. Everything we eat has a chemical and hormonal response in our body that would be positive or negative. What we eat can be our worst poison or the best medicine.
Since I was a child, I like to be active. Dancing, swimming, running are being my favorite things to do. I like to be in movement, which helps me to feel good; no matter if training with weights, walking on the treadmill, or a hot yoga class. The mind-body connection that you reach when you do a physical activity, it is something that I can’t describe – it is absolutely amazing. However, it wasn’t always like this. When my life became complicated and challenging during my early 20’s, I found myself on an unhealthy path, eating poorly and treating my body badly. After reaching a breaking point in my 30’s, I made the decision to take control and find the happy, confident life I was meant to live. I rediscovered my love for fitness and I decided to enroll in this wonderful program with FIT CHICKS Academy.
This program has been changed my live, it is not only because I love fitness but also because I discovered that I love to teach to other chicks. I want to show people that it is possible to eat healthy and delicious. I also want to demonstrate that exercises are not only for bodybuilders or Instagram models – it is possible to get the body of your dreams! Juts make that wish in a reality, no excuses. My philosophy is don’t tell people what to eat or what exercises do, teach them why!”
Curry Chicken “Superfit”
OMG when you do not have any idea in how to make chicken, then this recipe is for you: Curry Chicken “SuperFit”. People will think you are a chef! It is very very good for lunch or dinner – serve with brown / white rice and boiled broccoli for a complete in 3 meal!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
500 gr of Chicken (chopped into cubes)
¼ TSP Himlayan Pink Salt
¼ TSP Onion Powder
¼ TSP Garlic Powder
½ TSP Paprika
3 TBSP Curry Powder
½ TSP Sauce Worcestershire
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Chopped Onion
3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
3 Chopped Tomatoes
1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
2 TBSP Tomato Puree
¾ Cup Coconut Milk
½ Cup of Steamed Brown Rice
100 gr Boiled Broccoli
1. Season the chicken with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and 1 TSBP of curry.
2. Heat a medium pan with the coconut oil.
3. Add the chopped onion, 3 crushed garlics with 2 TSBP of curry powder.
4. When the onion is clarified, add the seasoned chicken stir-frying until the chicken is lightly cooked.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and pepper. Stir – Frying constantly for 5 minutes.
6. Add the Tomato puree and the ¾ cups of Coconut Milk.
7. Cover the pan and simmer 20 minutes.
8. Serve with steamed brown rice and boiled broccoli.
TIPS TO ALTER IN LIEU OF A DIETARY RESTRICTION
High Blood pressure problems? You can substitute the coconut milk (high saturated fat content) for unsweetened almond milk. The coconut milk is a high energetic food; however, it has a high saturated fat content which could be a problem for the circulatory system.
TIPS TO SUB AN INGREDIENT TO ALTER THE RECIPE
Don’t you like chicken? You can do the same recipe with fish! It is still delicious. You can use tilapia fillets.
TOTAL SERVINGS: 4
MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN PER SERVING:
- Protein: 29 g
- Total Fat: 22 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 36 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15 g
Thank you so much for sharing, Karina!
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Our 2018 Spring Program of the Fitness & Nutrition Expert program starts March 28, so download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!